Wednesday, March 13, 2013

way to committ

Our blessing and our curse is the option to decide which school(s) to send the kids to next year and beyond.
Thank Heavens that Barak's path is decided.  Our charter school is opening a high school to complete the k-12 experience.  Barak does NOT want to return to the charter school.  And, I do not want him to.  He has his high school "career" mapped out to help him get college credits in high school and hopefully some scholarship aid eligibility.  Eva's path is still unknown.  Pro's and con's with both schools.  She has decided to return to the charter school next year for 8th grade and maybe move over to the district school for 9-12 high school experience.  So luckily, we do not have to make that decision yet.  Grace.  I am not so sure anymore.  All year I have been planning to pull her out of the charter school because the kids in her grade are all pre-teen hormonal.  But, Grace has matured quite a bit lately and I am second guessing my decision.  Every time I have talked to Isaac he has told me he wants to stay at the charter school for  his entire "career".  Then yesterday he told me he wanted to go to the district elementary with the rest of the neighborhood.  That's new.  They are going to open a new elementary next to the splash pad around the corner next year.  If Isaac leaves the charter school, it will probably be then.  I guess it's just Grace that is up in the air.......................

No comments: